Infrastructure for the Evolution of the City
Spencer Hinzen from Ruckus, on the need for connectivity infrastructure in order for cities to evolve into the smart cities they want to become.
Listen to the approx. 8-minute interview above, read the transcript or jump to the individual questions here:
- What do you see as the main advantages for a city of offering smart city services?
- What options do cities have for building citywide connectivity infrastructure?
- Why is citywide Wi-Fi coverage important for the development of a smart city?
- Looking at the different wireless protocols that can be used for smart city solutions, can you explain the relative merits and application possibilities for the most important ones?
- Can you give us some examples of successful smart city projects that Ruckus has been involved with, and what impact they have had on the lives of their inhabitants?
Spencer has a track record of more than 25 years in the IT industry. Being part of Ruckus since 2012, he set up the BeNeLux region, and subsequently led the sales teams in Southern Europe. Since 2016, he has been responsible for business development in EMEA, leading the effort to introduce the visions & strategies on smart cities, retail, and IoT in the region.
Please note: The opinions expressed in Industry Insights published by dotmagazine are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the publisher, eco – Association of the Internet Industry.