Listen to the approx. 13-minute interview above, read the transcript or jump to the individual questions here:
- Why should companies in the tech industry be concerned about diversity?
- What makes diversity profitable for companies?
- How can companies ensure that their recruitment and their HR processes do actually support diversity?
- You are Leader of the Gender Diversity Working Group at the i2Coalition. Why did the i2Coalition establish this working group?
- What activities are you involved in with the i2Coalition?
- What needs to be done in terms of advocacy and education to ensure that a greater proportion of girls choose tech professions in the future?
- How can people who are interested get involved in your activities?
The eco / i2Coalition Member Value Package
eco - Association of the Internet Industry and the Internet Infrastructure Coalition (i2Coalition), have a longstanding co-operation consolidated through a Memorandum of Understanding. eco and i2Coalition have introduced joint membership offers for new members interested in joining both organizations. Membership benefits include policy work, access to industry best practice, and support in becoming compliant with relevant legislation.
More information about the eco/i2C Global MVP
Interested in becoming a Global MVP? Please contact email@example.com
About the i2Coalition Gender Diversity and Equity Initiative
Elisabeth Kurek, Co-chair, i2Coalition Gender Diversity & Equity Initiative
Darcy Southwell, Co-Chair, i2Coalition Gender Diversity & Equity Initiative
Elisabeth is the founder and co-chair of the i2Coalition’s Gender Diversity and Equity Initiative – a working group that engages industry leaders to publicly discuss how diversity and equity improvements can be made in the technology industry. A cloud industry veteran of 12 years, Elisabeth has held roles at uberall, Virtuozzo, Odin, NTT, and 1&1. An American by birth, she now enjoys living and working in Berlin, Germany. Elisabeth holds a master’s degree in educational linguistics from the University of Pennsylvania.
Please note: The opinions expressed in Industry Insights published by dotmagazine are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the publisher, eco – Association of the Internet Industry.