- How would you describe the relationship between human behavior and IT security?
- When we say “different countries, different customs” – to what extent does the intercultural context play a role in a company's IT security strategy?
- Intercultural context as a starting point for the development of a customized IT security strategy. Can you give me examples?
- Do you see cultural differences in the way individuals deal with, for example, data privacy?
- What approaches are needed to sensitize employees from other cultural areas towards cyber dangers?
Angela Baudach is a security awareness consultant at DXC Technology. She supports various international customers in building their awareness programmes, starting with an investigation and advancing to the development of measures, implementation, and evaluation as an ongoing process. She thus constantly experiences the importance of intercultural aspects and how to deal with them. During her studies, Angela was already keenly interested in Security Awareness and intercultural aspects. As such, she wrote her thesis about international security awareness programmes. Within the thesis, she investigated the influence of national culture on the design of security awareness programmes with respect to different security awareness measures. Her thesis received two awards: from the Competence Center for Applied Security Technology and from Deutsche Telekom AG.
Please note: The opinions expressed in Industry Insights published by dotmagazine are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the publisher, eco – Association of the Internet Industry.