Listen to the approx. 10-minute interview above, read the transcript or jump to the individual questions here:
- For those who are not very familiar with the domain industry and LEMARIT: What does LEMARIT offer? What's your business case?
- What are the special needs when you would like to protect your brand online and what are the special services that you can offer that you don't get anywhere else?
- When you look at the TLDs that were introduced over the last years and that are still coming, including brand TLDs: What does this mean for your customers?
- Along with the new gTLDs, we also have now brand TLDs on the market. So, is this an opportunity for every company? What benefits do you have when you have your own brand TLD as a company?
- What does the GDPR mean for brand owners and the customers that you are taking care of?
Martin Kuechenthal is the co-founder and CEO of LEMARIT GmbH, an ICANN accredited registrar and specialist in digital brand protection since 2002. LEMARIT is based in northern Germany. Martin is deeply involved and well connected in the domain industry and he also holds a seat on the executive board of DENIC eG (the .de registry). LEMARIT serves some of the world’s leading corporate brands and places a special emphasis on business domains and digital brand protection. LEMARIT also guides its customers through the process of applying for and maintaining their very own dotBRAND-TLD. Martin sees today’s challenge as being to show clients a way through the jungle of legacy and new TLDs and to advise them in presenting their companies around the world as a modern, forward-looking brand – keeping in mind the client’s resources and budget.
Please note: The opinions expressed in Industry Insights published by dotmagazine are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the publisher, eco – Association of the Internet Industry.