- Although well-known CMSs, such as WordPress and Joomla, regularly release security updates, these critical updates are often installed to late by the end user. Why is that?
- What can be the consequences, if such vulnerabilities have not been patched in time?
- How can the SIWECOS project support hosts to protect their customers, especially small and medium-size businesses?
- What are the benefits for hosts, when using the SIWECOS service?
- How can web hosts can get in touch with SIWECOS?
Born and living in Cologne, Germany, David Jardin first got in touch with web development in 2002 whilst still in school. He quickly became an active member of the German Joomla community, joining the board of the German Joomla association "J&Beyond e.V." in 2009. In 2012, he started contributing to the CMS code. Currently, he's the team leader of the Joomla Security Strike Team.
Please note: The opinions expressed in Industry Insights published by dotmagazine are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the publisher, eco – Association of the Internet Industry.