- Firstly, can you tell us a bit about ICLEI? Who are your members and what do you do?
- How does ICLEI define what a smart city is?
- What are the greatest challenges for cities, in your eyes, in transforming into a smart city?
- Looking at some of these challenges, how can they be solved effectively?
- What kind of partnerships should cities be establishing to become successful as a smart city?
- What do you think will be the strongest force for change in cities in the future?
Roman Mendle manages ICLEI's Programs on Smart Cities Program and City-Business Collaboration, enabling cities to navigate the smart cities space and to evaluate solutions to sustainability challenges through demand-driven interaction with the private sector. He also supports industrial legacy cities to transition towards sustainability through the Urban Transitions Alliance. Roman has an MSc in Sustainability Science, a BA in East Asian Economics and Politics focusing on China, and a university certificate in Energy Economics and Mining Law.
Please note: The opinions expressed in Industry Insights published by dotmagazine are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the publisher, eco – Association of the Internet Industry.