- The cloud has been around for quite a few years now, but it seems that there's a new boom in the cloud market. Why is that?
- What are the range of cloud services that a company might need at its disposal – thinking about enterprises at the moment – and why might they need a variety of different cloud services?
- DE-CIX has always provided peering services for interconnection. What is the logic now behind your expansion into the cloud market?
- How does the DE-CIX DirectCLOUD service work? What are the advantages for enterprises, ISPs, or cloud service providers from the service?
- How can companies ensure the security of their processes in the cloud?
Dr. Thomas King is Chief Innovation Officer (CIO) at DE-CIX since 2016. He started his career as Member of Technical Staff at DE-CIX in 2008. After a stint at 1&1 Internet AG and founding a startup company called audriga, Dr. King re-joined DE-CIX as Head of Research & Development in 2014 and was promoted in 2016 to the newly-created position of Chief Innovation Officer at DE-CIX.
Thomas King received an M.Sc. degree in Computer Science and Business Administration from the University of Mannheim, Germany in 2004, and a Ph.D. degree at the chair of Computer Networks from the University of Mannheim in 2008.