- Why is open source so important for emailing?
- What needs to be done to ensure the privacy of our business and personal communications via email?
- What do you see as the future of emailing as a marketing tool?
- What will the impact of the new privacy legislation at the E.U. level have on the industry here?
- Finally, how do you see that email is changing? What do you think our experience of email will be like in another three to five years?
Read Vittorio Bertola’s article on Bringing Order To The Digital Wild West From The Bottom Up in the March 2017 issue of dotmagazine.
Vittorio Bertola is Research & Innovation Engineer at Open-Xchange, a global leader in services and free software for the Internet's email and DNS infrastructure, where he takes care of research and innovation activities, leading projects to invent and develop new products; he is also responsible for the company's policy activities. Previously, he worked as a freelance consultant, as a website developer and as partner, founder or CTO in several Internet start-ups in Italy. He is also a digital rights activist, dealing with Internet policy at the national and international level for the last twenty years.
Please note: The opinions expressed in Industry Insights published by dotmagazine are the author’s own and do not reflect the view of the publisher, eco – Association of the Internet Industry