Clearing the way for a better future
From the storage and transport of data, to data analysis, and on to the design of more economical code – the digital industry offers a huge opportunity for improving sustainability and solving some of the most pressing problems of this century
For the Issue on Sustainability in August and September 2021, dotmagazine welcomes articles from members, partners and customers of the eco Association/DE-CIX Group that showcase how the Internet and digital industry is working to improve their own processes, as well as offering services to companies and consumers that can improve our overall climate footprint – from reducing waste and energy consumption to planting trees and cleaning up the environment.
Submissions date for Part I: 4 August 2021
Submissions date for Part II: 18 August 2021
Contributions can take the form of:
Sustainable Digital Infrastructure
- Energy efficiency & CO2 reduction in data centers, networks, and IT hardware
- Re-use vs. replace in the sustainability discussion
- Smart/renewable energy solutions
- Other sustainability measures
- CO2 balance of remote working
- Smart City/Mobility solutions for reducing CO2 emissions
- Designing more energy efficient applications
- Other sustainability-related initiatives
You have a related burning topic that doesn’t fit into the categories above? Talk to us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: your contribution should not be too technical – the focus should be more on the strategic level.
- Given that the goal of the eco Association – as publisher of dotmagazine – is the responsible shaping of the Internet, promoting diversity is in our deepest interest. To boost the profile of women in the Internet industry, we are particularly keen to have the voices of women heard in our industry insights. We therefore especially welcome articles, quotes, and case studies which are (co-)written by, feature or quote Women in Tech.
- For information on dotmagazine style requirements, please see the eco Guidelines for Contributors. By submitting a contribution to dotmagazine, you agree to these guidelines.
- For the purposes of planning, please contact email@example.com before submitting a contribution.
- To subscribe to the dotmagazine newsletter, sign up here.