What is the Internet industry doing to protect consumers in terms of security, safety, and data protection? What solutions have worked for your business or helped build trust with your customers? Tell us your story in dotmagazine!
For the issue on Consumer Protection in March & April 2021, dotmagazine welcomes articles from members, partners and customers of the eco Association/DE-CIX Group that highlight the importance of consumer protection, present use cases based on consumer protection, or demonstrate the value of consumer protection for businesses.
- Submissions date for Part I: 10 March 2021 (publication 31 March 2021)
- Submissions date for Part II: 24 March 2021 (publication 14 April)
Contributions can take the form of:
We’d welcome stories looking at consumer protection from the perspectives of security, safety, and data protection in the fields of online retail, finance, email, digital education, New Work, gaming, cloud, and IoT.
Focus areas can include:
- Security – e.g. security by design, simplifying encryption
- Data protection – e.g. best practices for securing customers’ personal data, e.g. approaches to dealing with multiple jurisdictions, innovative technical solutions
- Data mobility – e.g. GAIA-X, cloud solutions, open-source approaches, avoiding vendor lock-in
- Domains – e.g. protecting consumers against fraud, phishing, domain spoofing
- IoT – e.g. data protection & security aspects related to the use of IoT in e-mobility, smart cities, smart homes, wearables, e-health
- Cloud – e.g. providing secure and reliable cloud services
- Self-regulation of content – e.g. child safety, fake news etc.
- Secure identities – e.g. single sign-on, e-IDs
You have a related burning topic that doesn’t fit into the categories above? Talk to us! email@example.com
Please note: your contribution should not be too technical – the focus should be more on the strategic level.
How to submit a contribution
- Given that the goal of the eco Association – as publisher of dotmagazine – is the responsible shaping of the Internet, promoting diversity is in our deepest interest. To boost the profile of women in the Internet industry, we are particularly keen to have the voices of women heard in our industry insights. We therefore especially welcome articles, quotes, and case studies which are (co-)written by, feature or quote Women in Tech.
- For information on dotmagazine style requirements, please see the eco Guidelines for Contributors. By submitting a contribution to dotmagazine, you agree to these guidelines.
- For the purposes of planning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting a contribution.
- To subscribe to the dotmagazine newsletter, sign up here.